My thought yesterday morning: I need to cook for this upcoming week. I have no meat to use in the crock pot but I have ground beef. Meatballs! Nah… it takes too long having to roll them all individually. I have one hour to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the whole week… MEATLOAF! I’ve made meatballs before with chopped veggies and they’ve been delicious, so I thought ‘Why not make a meatloaf with veggies?!’ This may be a little bit of an off the beaten track thought since there are so many veggies in this bad boy, but it’s more filling that way. This way I can just cut up some lettuce and heat up the meat and throw it on for an easy lunch at work or quick dinner at home. Wootwoot. Along with the meatloaf, I made my weekly rendition of personal crustless quiches. (duh)
*Please note that the meat doesn’t look pink like that in real life! Silly picture + fake kitchen light. Psh.
Serves: 8-10 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 Cup finely diced celery
- 3/4 Cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2/4 Cup finely diced carrot
- 1/2 Cup finely diced mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup wilted spinach (or thawed frozen spinach)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red boat fish sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 oz tomato paste
Note: You could prob cook your veggies if you wanted them softer, but I just chopped them up so small that the oven cooked them enough. Boom. #timesaver
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine everything! Except for the bacon fat/oil of choice. Use your hands and get ‘em messy and thoroughly incorporate all ingredients.
3. Pack the meat in the loaf pan and pop that sucker in the oven!
4. Take it out of the oven, and eat up buttercup!