Today was game day!! Good thing I wasn’t rooting for either team because that game was TERRIBLE. I couldn’t watch past the 3rd, it was too painful. The commercials weren’t even good!!! Good thing I had my freaking awesome Paleo buffalo wings to keep that smile on my face These puppies have a crunchy skin but juicy meat. Should have made more….
Serves: 3-4 people for appetizers or 1-2 for a meal
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes boiling + 40 minutes oven
>>2.25lbs chicken wings
>>1/3 cup tessemae’s buffalo sauce
>>1 tablespoon coconut oil
>>1 tablespoon salt
1. Boil a pot of water + preheat your oven to 450.
2. Once boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt.
3. Add the chicken wings* in. Let boil for 10 minutes.
*Cut off wing tips and split wings in half… or just ask your butcher to do it. I didn’t even have to ask my butcher- score!
4. Line a baking tray with foil.
5. Once your wings are done swimming in the boiling water, remove them and pat them dry with paper towels.
6. Coat them with the coconut oil and lay them on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet.
7. Place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
8. Flip the wings and turn the pan 180 degrees and pop them back in for another 20 minutes.
9. Once they’re done, toss them in 1/3 cup buffalo sauce to fully coat them.
10. Serve hot! + with a side of paleo mayo- with only salt, no other seasonings (because it’s SO ridiculously easy to make and the leftover mayo is perfect for tuna or chicken salad).