No no, these veggies don’t have crack in them, duh. That wouldn’t be healthy, and we all know I aim for healthy (hence why you won’t see any grain and rarely dairy in the food I post). I didn’t name them ‘crack veggies’, my friends did. I’m kinda famous for ‘em. Not to toot my own horn or anything… But whenever I cook with or for anyone, my veggies are inevitably requested. I dare you not to go back for seconds, or thirds.
Anyway, this is my go-to meal whenever I feel lazy but want a yummy hearty home cooked meal. I generally use Trader Joe’s frozen chicken breasts because you can keep them in the freezer and take ‘em out whenever wherever we’re meant to be together… (or so Shakira says). Anyway, I take out what I’m going to use and put it in a ziplock bag and into the fridge several hours before I’m planning on using the chicken. If I forget, I’ll briefly stick it in the microwave on defrost for a bit, but I try not too. I’ve cooked it straight from the freezer before as well, but I don’t think it comes out as good because the chicken ends up sitting in the liquid chicken slime that melted off the chicken from putting the frozen chicken in the hot pan.
– 4 Chicken breasts
– 2tbs Olive oil
– 2tbs Chopped dry rosemary
– 2tbs Dry oregano
– Salt n peppa
– 1lb carrots (or baby carrots)
– 1lb large head of broccoli
– 1 container sliced baby bella shrooms
– 3tbs olive oil
– garlic salt
– crushed red pepper
>Cook time 75 minutes
>Prep time 10 minutes
Veggies will take much longer than chicken, so begin by making the veggies, then watch an episode of Modern Family and The Neighbors, then make chicken while veggies continue to cook in the oven.
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Peel your carrots and clean your mushrooms and broccoli
3. Cut carrots into 1”ish sizes, the smaller the faster they cook. Cut broccoli into small pieces.
4. Throw all veggies onto a baking sheet covered in tin foil. (Makes clean up wicked easy).
5. Pour olive oil over veggies and sprinkle on spices.
6. Using a spatula mix around veggies to evenly coat them with the oil and spices.
7. Put in oven.
8. Mix every 20/30 minutes for an hour or so.
9. Veggies are done whenever you say so. I like them on the softer side and a bit charred, but not burnt!
1. Coat pan with olive oil over medium heat
2. Plop chicken onto skillet
3. Coat chicken with all spices, probably a teaspoon of each (pinches of salt/pepper)
4. Wait about 4/5 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. The bottom half of the chicken will turn white.
5. Flip chicken over.
6. Coat with rest of spices.
7. Cook another 5 or so minutes.
8. Put in oven for 10 minutes.
9. Chicken should come out perfectly moist and delicious!