I put this under ‘Holiday’ as well as ‘Dessert’ because these are definitely getting made during Passover. Super easy and declicious, and a great alternative to a heavy dessert 🙂 Would be awesome with a cup of tea, glass of milk, hot chocoalte… or tequila? Yeah?
>Prep time: 5 minutes
>Cook time: 60 minutes
1/2C + 2 tsp shredded coconut
1/4C + 2 tsp almond flour
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice (about one lemon)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 to 2 tsp orange zest
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 F. Mix shredded coconut, blanched almond flour, and orange and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
2. Melt coconut oil and honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds (unless your coconut oil is already in liquid form). Mix and add your vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt.
3. Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it reaches a dough like consistency. You many need to get your hands dirty!
4. Using a circular tablespoon measure, scoop your dough and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. (I used the metal sheet that came with my toaster oven since you don’t need a large baking sheet.. Unless you double the recipe of course).
5. Put in the oven at 200 for 50 minutes. At 50 minutes, crank it up to 250 for another 10 minutes. Your macaroons should be a light golden brown. A bit of a crunch on the outside and soft in the middle.. Like a perfect cookie!