Half Pork + Half Beef. What could go wrong?! Nothing… as long as you cook them. So I love meatballs, but like, hate when it’s half meat and half egg and flour. Lame. These meatballs are All Killer NO FILLER. Chea, just some Sum41 for y’all. Enjoy.
Yields: ~35-40 golf ball sized meatballs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 17-22 minutes
1lb ground pork
1lb ground beef
1/2 large yellow onion diced (a little more than 1 cup)
1 tsp chopped or crushed garlic
1 1/4 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp (plus a smidge) ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
~3 tbsp of lard
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat up a skillet. Once warm, add 1 tbsp of lard. Then add your onions and garlic. On low heat, let the onions carmelize, about 4 minutes. Add your spices. Take the onions off the heat and let them cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, beef, balsamic, and cooled onions and spices.
4. Get messy. Use your hands to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
5. Roll into golfball sized meatballs and put them on a plate.
6. Turn your skillet on medium/low heat and add lard- enough to coat the entire pan.
7. Once your pan is hot, place balls in the pan. Space them out enough so just that they are not touching each other. After 1 minute, flip them. Then after another minute, place the pan in the oven.
8. Keep the pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.