First off: SORRY. I have been wicked M.I.A. So to the, 5 people that follow my blog, will you forgive me?! 😉 😉 I was in the Dominican Republic celebrating the marriage of two wonderful people, followed by the best vacation ever of course. I actually stayed Paleo 75% of the time, more or less.. aaand worked out a ton! Beach running, tennis, volleyball, swimming, water aerobics (yes really!), and gym. So.much.fun! I also started a new job. EEK. I’m a ‘real’ adult now. (whattheheck!?). Anyway, I’m back to the kitchen!!! First upppp… Pumpkin Cream sauce!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 large zucchini (noodled using a fancy spiralizer or a julienne slicer)
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Zoodle your zucchini into noodles. Lay them flat on paper towels to soak up some of the moisture while you make your sauce. (Zucchini’s are super super wet veggies; they retain so much water. If you don’t dry them some, then your sauce could get a bit watery).
2. Put your skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add your fat, diced onion, and minced garlic. Stir.
3. After 3 minutes, add the ground beef. Stir. Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and thyme.
4. Once the beef is just about cooked through, add the pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Stir until fully mixed.
5. Lower burner to very low heat and let simmer for another 10-15 minutes ..or not if you’re in a rush 😉
P.S. The picture is wicked blah. I was really hungry and it was dark out so the lighting in the kitchen was terrible by that point. My b. I swear it tastes better than it looks ❤