I made these today, as well as last Sunday. Making breakfast in advance is amazzzingg. This takes about 20 minutes to make and 35 minutes to cook. While if I cooked each morning, I’d be spending 15-20 minutes. I’m saving sooo much tiiiiime! Do it do it do iiit!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
3/4 cup diced yellow onion
4 chorizo sausages (casing removed or diced small)
1 cup mushrooms diced
half large zucchinni diced (about 1 cup probably)
2 large handfuls fresh spinach
4 tablespoons water
4 slices of butternut squash (about 3/4 to 1 centimeter thick)
5 teaspoons coconut oil or fat of choice
1 green onion/scallion chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Turn a pan to medium heat and add 1 tsp fat or oil of choice
3. Add onions. Stir and let them get a little translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add in the sausage, zucchini, and mushrooms. Stir occasionally and let the sausage get a bit browned and the mushrooms and zucchini soften, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the spinach. Once it’s wilted and mixed in, turn the heat off.
6. Take your four ramekins (if making individual) and oil the inside using about 1 teaspoon of oil or fat of choice.
7. Lay down one piece of butternut squash on the bottom of each ramekin.
8. Beat all eggs with 4 tablespoons of water in a large bowl.
9. Divide the meat and veggies into each ramekin evenly.
10. Pour the egg over each mixture evenly.
11. Sprinkle the chopped green onion over each ramekin.
12. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
The filling could easily make 5-6 servings, but I generally have half before I workout and half after, so I need a bigger portion. Plus, I just eat A LOT. ; ) Also, be creative! You can add virtually any squash and veggie and meat combo.