It’s my BLOGIVERSARY! 365 days, 74 blog posts, and 5 blog readers later 😉
OH! And hopefully my photo quality will soon improve… fingers crossed! My pictures have been between so-so + horrible long enough! Time to get a solid ‘OK’ on my pictures.
Work in progress, yo.
So this recipe really isn’t very fancy or difficult at all. But it is plain old delicious. Italian Chicken Salad. Does that exist? Is this it? Well if there was such a thing, I think that this would be it. It’s kinda like a caprese salad, minus the cheese and with chicken and mayo… yup. SO CLOSE, almost identical. It’s just a little twist to the same ol’ same ol’ chicken salad we all know and love. The roasted tomatoes give it a nice texture. GO MAKE IT AND TELL ME HOW GOOD IT IS! 😀
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: zilch
- 2 cans chicken (or chicken breasts if you’re fancy. I’m just lazy sometimes, the canned chicken I bought has no added ingredients)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp mayo*
- 3/4 cup diced celery (~one large stalk)
- 3/4 cup diced carrot (~2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes** (optional to roast them)
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- pinch salt.pepper
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
2. Mix well.
3. Eat with everyyything.
1 cup olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
Throw all ingredients into a tall tumbler glass and blitz it with a stick blender/immersion blender until it becomes a mayo texture, about one minute.
**Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
3/4 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and toss all ingredients in a pan. Cook for 40 minutes.