I’m back I’m back I’m back!
You know that feeling when you say “I’ve been soooo busy” but then can’t figure out what you’ve been busy with? Yeah, that’s been my life… and why I’ve slid back into the crack with this sucker of a blog. I’ve only really been working and doing the usual CrossFitting and friend-seeing, however I was away a few times and just got Cray-Z. I work at a University so people tend to say “Oh things must be calming down for you!” “How’s your Summer been? Relaxing?” Well all those people smooshed salt in the wound because Summer ain’t pretty, it’s MORE busy than the regular school year. Sooo beach, yeah, that never happened.
ANYWAYYYY school is back in session and after the initial couple weeks things are beginning to be less crazy and I’m beginning to think creatively and actually come up with real recipes again– as opposed to just throwing everything from my fridge into a pan once a week for an entire week worth of meals… and crossing my fingers that it’s delicious (basically what my summer looked like).
This week I went to Trader Joe’s before work one day because I had time to kill… THERE’S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING! Anyway, I picked up a few non perishables including their new almond butter (not sure how ‘new’ it is, but I haven’t tried it yet), sun butter since I ran out (sad times), and fruit. Then I went to work and later had a peach for a snack and remembered, “Oh yeah, that’s why I never buy peaches, I don’t like them”. I only like White Peaches, I guess I’m a peach snob. The regular guys just never taste very good to me. So since I bought a big ol’ container of peaches, I figured I should do something with them so that I eat them and like them and they don’t go bad. Well here is my attempt at a peach cobbler… And it’s actually pretty darn yummy too!! I thought the sunbutter might be too strong a flavor, but I really like how it works with the peaches and almond. Would be great with a splash of rum and/or some homemade coconut ice cream! 😉
Serves: 6-8 stomachs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 peaches de nuted and sliced
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 5 Tablespoons sunflower seed butter (1/4C + 1T) (you could sub with almond butter I bet)
- 1/4 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + additional 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the almond flour, sunbutter, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and salt. You want the consistency to be crumbly, this is your crumble topping! (I found it helpful to use my hand to mix everything together after an initial mix with a fork.)
3. In a separate bowl, mix the sliced peaches and 1/4C melted coconut oil. Then sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Place peaches in a pyrex/glass pie dish and crumble the almond flour mixture on top.
5. Pop that sucker in the oven. (I would start with 15 minutes in the oven at 350 and then check up on it and go from there. I cooked it until the peach slices were soft, so if you cut the peaches thinner then I bet you wont have to bake the cobbler as long.)