The Holidays are fast approaching! In fact, the holiday season is already here! (How did that happen???) Christmas decorations are already popping up and I’m just sitting here like, “Woahhh what happened to Thanksgiving?!” Seriously though, I love Thanksgiving and all the retailers are like “Nope, sorry. We don’t make enough money off of Thanksgiving and Fall, so happy 3 months of Christmas!” Rude.
The positive side and negative side… Constant chocolate cravings and constant chocolate at the office, at the front of every aisle, at the checkout register… everywhere!
So here’s what I do, I make chocolate and dessert a lot. I always have something chocolately in my house. No it is not healthy, however it is much much less unhealthy than any chocolate I’d buy at the store on the way to the checkout, or that would be in the office.
Which brings me to these little nuggets of happiness. This recipe is super easy and quick to make, and you could use virtually any nuts, whatever you have in your house.
Makes: about 28 clusters
Prep time: 5 minutes:
Cook time: 0 (just chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or so)
3/4 C chocolate chips (I used enjoy life mega chunks)
1/4 C coconut oil
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 C pistachio nuts
3/4 C almond slivers
1/2 C dried cranberries
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out about 28 mini muffin liners.
2. In a sauce pan on low heat, mix chocolate chips and coconut oil. Mix continually so that you don’t burn the chocolate.
3. Once thoroughly mixed, mix in the honey and vanilla.
4. Turn off the burner and remove the pan from the heat.
5. Mix in the salt, nuts, and dried cranberries.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin liners and allow to cool in the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes. These can also be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Easy peasy! 😉