The Holiday’s are upon us. All I can think of and dream of is chocolate and dessert 😮 Well here’s a less guilty option that stores great in the freezer. Just take one out, let it sit for a 3 minutes, and eat the sucker! (or 3)
Makes 12-15 cups
Active time: 10 minutes
Fridge time: 40 minutes
3/4 Cup pumpkin puree
2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut flour
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon maple syrup*
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup + 2 tablespoon enjoy life chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1. Place 15 mini cupcake liners on a tray (doesn’t have to be in a mini muffin tin, but it will help support the sides of the cups and keep them more circular)
2. On a very low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir continuously until all is melted and combined. Remove from burner immediately.
3. With a small spoon, spoon melted chocolate into each cupcake liner- maybe 1 or 2 teaspoons. Rotate each cupcake liner so that the bottom and part of the sides get coated with the chocolate. Place in the refrigerator.
4. While your chocolate is hardening in the fridge, strain the pumpkin puree in a cheese cloth (or something of the like. A few coffee filters layered will also work). Remove all possible excess liquid. Toss the liquid.
5. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until all is well incorporated and there are not coconut flour chunks.
6. Once your chocolate is hardened, pull out the cups and spoon about 1 teaspoon pumpkin mixture into each cup.
7. Spoon the rest of the chocolate over each cup so that no pumpkin is visible.
8. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or so, until hardened. You can also freeze these!
*Note: these are not super sweet. Add more maple syrup if you’re little heart so desires!